What We Do
The Westerville Lions Club is comprised of local men and women who individually and jointly volunteer their time to provide service to the Westerville community.
We are part of Lions International, the world’s largest service club, with affiliates circling the globe.
- White Cane Drive
- Pancake Breakfast
- Lion Mints
- Westerville Christmas Parade (December)
- Rudolf Run (December)
- Ned Mosher Apple Butter Festival (October)
- Pulled Pork Dinner (May)
- Pancake Breakfast (March)
In 1990, Lions established SightFirst, a US$143.5 million global initiative to fight the major causes of preventable and reversible blindness. The unprecedented program joins Lions volunteers with blindness prevention experts and organizations and governments.
- SightFirst has provided more than 3.2 million cataract surgeries
- Built or expanded 136 eye hospitals
- Treated more than 36 million people to prevent river blindness
- Improved eye care in dozens of countries around the world
Other Sight-Related Support Activities
- Provide 600,000 free professional glaucoma screenings and make 25,000 corneal transplants possible each year
- Establish and support a majority of the world’s eye banks, hundreds of clinics, hospitals and eye research centers worldwide
- Collect more than 5.2 million pairs of unwanted eyeglasses annually for free distribution to those in need in developing countries
- Offer screenings, eyeglasses and sports goggles to athletes through the Special Olympics-Lions Clubs International Opening Eyes Program
- Provide free quality eye care, eyeglasses, Braille-writers, large print texts, white canes and guide dogs for thousands of people each year.